The way we work has been transformed by the ever-expanding use of mobile and cloud technology and has therefore made collaboration an increasingly-integral component of
In this free online course, the Office 365 experts will show you how to work and collaborate with internal and external coworkers using Office 365 tools. Check out SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business, Delve, Yammer, Skype for Business, and much more.
With over more than 3 hours of free tuition you’ll:
- Explore collaboration capabilities in Office 365.
- Get an overview of Microsoft Cloud services.
- Explore the benefits of collaboration.
- Learn about the challenges for today’s IT Pro.
- Explore collaboration features within SharePoint Online.
- Look at collaboration features within OneDrive for Business.
- Find out about restrictions and limitations with OneDrive for Business.
- Explore collaboration features within Delve.
- Learn about troubleshooting Delve collaboration.
- Get to know collaboration features within Yammer.
- Explore Yammer configuration and user management.
- Learn about collaboration features within Skype for Business.
- Get the details on planning with Skype for Business.
- Discover collaboration features within Office 365 Groups.
- Find out about using Office 365 Groups.
There are no prerequisites for the course, so if this sounds like something for you, dive right in here.
Posted in Free Stuff, Microsoft, Office 365, Training.
– July 1, 2015
If you want some professional tuition on how to create a perfect CV, application or online profile then this free course from the University of Sheffield (via Futurelearn) might just be your thing. Whether you’re applying for a job or planning to apply to a university or similar, this course will give you the confidence and knowledge to present yourself in the best possible light.
The course requires three hours of your time per week for three weeks and is designed for anyone applying for jobs or courses. It will be of particular interest to those in the early stages of their career, or those who are out of practice and need to update their skills. No prior knowledge or expertise is needed.
For more information, and to register, see here.
Posted in CV, Online Course.
– June 9, 2015
Courtesy of the good folks at VMware you can download and read, for free, a copy of Virtualization 2.0 for Dummies. In the book you’ll explore:
- How Virtualization 2.0 is driving the next-generation data center, through capacity management and performance monitoring that deliver improved visibility, optimized planning and efficiency and more predictive control.
- A deep dive into virtualization beyond the server, including operations management, virtualized backup, storage, and networking. We’ll show you how they all work together to power today’s modern IT environment.
- How to prepare your IT environment for the next steps in your virtualization journey, with advice on storage options, security, and operations management, so your migration succeeds without a hitch.
- Technical tips, best practices, and links to in-depth resources to help you save time setting up, managing, and troubleshooting your advanced virtualized environment.
Some basic registration details are required first but once through the book can be downloaded as a pdf via a link in the lower right hand corner. Click here to get yours.
(and if you’re looking to take your VMware Certified Professional – Network Virtualization (VCP-NV) certification if you take it before June 30, 2015 you can get it for half price. Click here for details).
Posted in E-books, Free Stuff, VMware.
– June 8, 2015
Another month, another round of new and soon-to-be-expired certification tracks from IBM. The latest changes as follows:
New IBM Certifications:
- IBM Certified Solution Developer – Forms Experience Builder 8.5 (4 May 2015)
- IBM Certified Solution Developer – InfoSphere DataStage v11.3 (4 May 2015)
- IBM Big Data Engineer (11 May 2015)
- IBM Certified Data Engineer – Big Data (12 May 2015)
- IBM Certified Developer – OpenPages (25 May 2015)
- IBM Certified Deployment Professional – Security Directory Integrator v7.2 (25 May 2015)
To be withdrawn 30 June 2015:
- IBM Certified Deployment Professional – Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus v7.4
- IBM Certified Associate Developer – OpenPages Fundamentals
You can check out all of the updates and revisions on the IBM site, here
Posted in Exams, IBM.
– June 3, 2015
If you’re thinking of taking a Cisco certification this official Cisco page where you can drill down to individual exam topics is one of the first you should visit and bookmark. By clicking on the individual exams you can see, by means of a percentage, the amount of focus, or weight, given to each general topic, or domain, in an exam. This is information that can help you in developing a study strategy and help you to allocate your study and test-taking time more effectively.
The page also provides a good snapshot of the various Cisco certifications that are available and lays out the certification path that candidates can follow as they progress through the various Cisco ranks (entry level, Associate, Professional and Expert).
Posted in Cisco, Exams.
– June 1, 2015
If you’re unable to make it in person to the Cisco Live! event in San Diego next month then the consolation prize is the live broadcast that you can watch from where ever you are. This year’s broadcast will feature keynotes, innovation talks, on-the-scene interviews and technical topics including cloud, security, enterprise networking, ACI, collaboration and APIs.
You can check out the various sessions and download the full broadcast agenda here.
When: June 8 – 11, 2015 (various times)
Posted in Cisco, Event, Webinar.
– May 30, 2015
A two-part (two days), demo-filled course, where a team of security experts and Azure engineers will take you beyond the basic certifications and explore what’s possible inside Azure. See how to design and use various technologies to ensure that you have the security and architecture you need to successfully launch your projects in the cloud.
Dive into datacenter operations, virtual machine (VM) configuration, network architecture, and storage infrastructure.
The event will be rebroadcast so that folks in European time zones will be able to participate at a more civilised hour. So, if you’re interested in cloud security then check out this page (Americas) or this page (Europe) for more details and to register.
When: June 2-3, 2015 09:00 – 13:00 PDT (The Americas)
June 3-4, 2015 09:00 – 13:00 CEST (Europe)
Posted in Azure, Event, Microsoft.
– May 29, 2015
If you have Python experience and want to get into web development or maybe you are experienced in web development and are curious about other platforms, Microsoft Virtual Academy invite you to a live virtual session that will walk you through the popular open source web development platform for Python, Django. During the session you’ll learn how to get started with Django in Visual Studio, how to create dynamic, data-driven applications, and how to deploy the application to Microsoft Azure. Explore the object-relationship mapping (ORM) system provided in Django, and learn how to ensure that your page is discoverable to search engines.
Attendees should already have familiarity of Python and database concepts and should have Python Tools for Visual Studio installed on their computer.
When: June 17, 2015 09:00 – 17:00 PDT
To register, or for more information, click here.
Posted in Django, Event, Python.
– May 29, 2015
Cisco have added two new certification tracks to their CCNA/CCNP stable – namely the CCNA/CCNP Cloud and CCNA Industrial (IoT).
The CCNA Cloud certification program enables professionals to build private and hybrid cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service, allowing IT to enable and control Enterprise-wide cloud deployments in a consistent, centralized manner. The CCNP Cloud certification is designed to give candidates the skills to explain cloud concepts, as well as design, deploy, and maintain Cisco Cloud and Intercloud solutions in complex environments.
The new IoT (Internet of Things)-focused CCNA Industrial certification is a lab-based training and certification offering that is part of the CCNA Industrial Education curriculum. The curriculum is targeted at Plant Administrators, Control Engineers and IT/Network engineers working in manufacturing. The training and certification offerings equip individuals with the knowledge and skills necessary to build, manage and operate converged industrial networks.
For more information, visit the official Cisco webpage, here.
Posted in CCNA Cloud, CCNA Industrial, Cisco.
– May 28, 2015
If you’re planning on going for the new MCSD: Azure Solutions Architect certification then a good post over at Microsoft’s Born To Learn blog has collated many great study resources to help you on your journey. The resources are grouped according to skill level, so there’s something there for newbies to Azure right through to experienced architects.
You can find the study resources (and some general tips for the exams) here.
Posted in Azure, Microsoft.
– May 27, 2015